Odisha Public Service Commission
Chairman/MD/CEO : Brigadier Laxmi Charan Patnaik(Retd.)
Head Office : 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack, Odisha, PIN: 753001
- Sub Industry : Govt Bodies
- Sector : Ministeries , Govt Bodies , Associations
- Type : Govt
Overview- Odisha Public Service CommissionThe Odisha Public Service Commission was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission. At the time of creation of the Odisha Public Service Commission the strength of the Commission was three including Chairman. The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.
The Commission has acquired varied experiences and expertise in the matter of selection of personnel to various services of the Government of Odisha during its functioning for more than five decades. It has also gone a long way in achieving the purpose of drawing the best personnel for the public services of Odisha
Function of OPSC
The functions of the Commission are broadly divided into the following four categories :
- Advice on the framing of recruitment rules and its amendments with regard to the recruitment and conditions of service of Group 'B' posts/services carrying scale of pay of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and Group 'A' posts/services.
- Advice on punishment proposed by the disciplinary authority in finalisation of departmental proceedindgs under the Odisha Civil Services (Classification, Control & Appeal) Rules, 1962 read with Rule 7 of the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Rules, 1992.
- Advice on matters relating to promotion of officers and fixation of inter seniority etc., with regard to officers of Group 'B' carrying pay scale of Rs. 6500-200-10,500/- and above and all Group 'A' officers.
- Recruitment of candidates to different posts/services belonging to Group 'B' and above under the State Government.