Border Security Force(BSF)
Chairman/MD/CEO : Rajni Kant Mishra, Director General
Head Office : DG BSF, Block No. 10, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003
Education Requirement : B.Tech/B.E, MBA/PGDM, Any Graduate, PG Diploma
No of Vacancy : 1
Assistant Commandant Govt Job In India
1. Deputation : Officers under the Central Government or the State Governments or the Public Sector Undertaking holding analogous posts on regular basis or with three years regular service in the grade of Level- 7 (Rs. 44900-142400) in the pay matrix and possessing qualification and experience as specified below:-
2. Essential Degree in Engineering from a recognized University or Associate Member of Institute of Engineers; Or MBA in Material Management from a recognized university or institute; Or Degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute with one year's post Graduate diploma in Store Management or Material Management from a recognized University or Institute.
3. Desirable One year experience in Logistic or Aviation related field from a recognized organization.
4. Deputation Reemployment The Armed Forces Personnel due to retire or who are to be transferred to reserve within a period of one year and having the requisite experience and qualifications as prescribed at I(i) & (ii) above shall also be considered and such persons shall be given deputation term up to the date on which they are due for release from the Armed Forces: thereafter they may be continued on re-employment.
5. Re employment The retired Armed Force/Coast Guard/Central Government/State Government personnel possessing qualification and experience as specified at I (i) & (ii) above and held analogous or equivalent post or held three years regular service in the grade of Level- 7 (Rs. 44900- 142400) in the pay matrix. Note-I: The period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other Organization or department shall ordinarily not exceed three years. Note-2: The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall not exceeding fifty four years on the date of receipt of application. Note-3: The Departmental Officers who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Age: Not Exceeding 54 Years.
Selection Will be Based on Deputation Basis.
How to Apply
1. Indian Air Force Officers joining BSF Air Wing on deputation will be under the administrative and functional control of DG BSF and will continue to be subject to the Air Force Act and Rules for disciplinary purpose as per the Agreed Terms & Conditions signed between MHA and MoD. They will continue to draw the pay & allowances as they are entitled and drawing in the IAF with deputation allowances as per Government of India's Instructions. They will wear their uniform and carry their own rank & badge. They will be extended the facilities of corresponding post of BSF Air Wing officers. The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post
2. held immediately preceding the appointment in the same or some other Organization/Department shall ordinary not exceed three years.
3. The Department Officers who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration of appointment by promotion.
4. Absorption can be considered only in the case of Officers from the Central Government or the State Government who are already on deputation in BSF Air Wing, on case to case basis, after due selection process & approval of Govt.
5. The candidates who fulfil the qualifications and experience may send their Applications/Bio-data as per the proforma of Annexure-I containing Photocopy of educational certificates, licenses, current instrument rating, other technical qualifications, flying log books, flying summary, flight safety certificate, flying fit and physical fit medical category certificate and experience certificate duly self attested as per applicability along with annexure -II with prescribed documents through their respective employer to the following address :- Deputy Inspector General (Pers) HQ DG BSF, Block No. 10, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi Pin - 110003.
Overview- Border Security Force
The BSF raised in 1965 with the specific purpose of manning the Indian border as the 'First Line of Defence' against infiltration, smuggling and military assault, can hardly be said to comprise an enviable job. For the BSF, and its counterparts in India’s neighbouring countries, the border is a live and often unfriendly unstable entity difficult to control and tame. No one knows this better than the hardy and enterprising men and officers of the BSF who continuously keep on guarding the border for the whole year at the Border Out Posts (BOPs) on IB and FDLs on LC, often with just their weapons and wild animals for company. These Posts/Pickets are established in regions which experience extreme weather conditions. These are found in the desert of the Thar where temperatures can touch 50 degrees centigrade during the tropical summer. They are also located in the freezing mountains of the Kashmir region where the winter temperatures can go down to minus 50 degrees centigrade.
BSF is working hard to serve the nation and this website is a sincere attempt on our part to remove the barriers of communication so that we are able to communicate directly with the Citizens of India.
BSF's role during peacetime
BSF's role during war time
- To promote a sense of security among the people living in the border areas.
- To prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into or exit from the territory of India.
- To prevent smuggling and any other illegal activities on the Border.
- Anti-infiltration duties.
- To collect trans-border intelligence.
- Holding ground in assigned sectors.
- Limited aggressive action against irregular forces of the enemy (Though in 1971 war, several instances of battle with regular Army of Pakistan are also there. In Hot War Scenario, one has to fight whoever is pitched against you, regular or irregular.)
- Maintenance of Law and Order in enemy territory administered under the Army's control.
- Guarding of Prisoners of War camps.
- Acting as guides to the Army in border areas.
- Assistance in control of refugees.
- Provision of escorts.
- Performing special tasks connected with intelligence including raids