Scientist & Engineer, Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO), Pan India
Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO)
Chairman/MD/CEO : Dr G. Satheesh Reddy
Head Office : Rajaji Marg, Vijay Chowk Area, Central Secretariat, New Delhi, Delhi 110004
Education Requirement : B.E/B.Tech/Master Degree
No of Vacancy : 290
Position - Scientist & Engineer
Category - Scientist
Company - Defence Research & Development Organisation ( DRDO)
Location - Pan India, India
No of Vacancy - 290
Salary - 9 Lakh To 10 Lakh
Posted On - 2019-08-02
Scientist & Engineer Govt Job In India
- At least First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in a respective engineering discipline from a recognized university or equivalent.
- GATE Qualification: Valid GATE score in the respective engineering paper
- 80% aggregate marks in EQ degree if done from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or National Institute of Technology (NIT). However, this option is not applicable for GAETEC posts.
Age Limit(As on 31.08.2019):
|Category||Maximum Age Limit in years|
|Un-Reserved (UR) /EWS||28||35||30||28|
|OBC (Nonâ€creamy layer)||31||38||33||31|
- 10 years for PwD (HH) and PwD(OH)
- The upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for serving Central Civilian Govt. employees.
- Scientist ‘B’ in DRDO: 270 Posts
- Scientist ‘B’ in DST: 6 Posts
- Scientist/Engineer ‘B’ in ADA, Bengaluru: 10 Posts
- Executive Engineer in GAETEC, Hyderabad: 4 Posts
Discipline wise vacancy:
- Electronics & Comm. Engg: 78 Posts
- Mechanical Engg:59 Posts
- Computer Science & Engg: 46 Posts
- Chemical Engg: 11 Posts
- Electrical Engg:12 posts
- Metallurgy: 12 Posts
- Aeronautical Engg:14 Posts
- Chemistry: 5 Posts
- Physics:4 Posts
- Mathematics: 3 Posts
- Material Science:1 post
- Civil Engg:8 Posts
- Geology:1 Post
- Instrumentation Engg:1 Post
- Textile Engg:1 Post
- Food Science*:1 post
- Production/ Industrial Production Engg:1 Post
- Selection Process will be don by conducted on the basis of the GATE scores and/or Descriptive Examination will be required to appear in the personal interview to be held in Delhi.
- Eligible candidates will be shortlisted for a Descriptive Examination on the basis of valid GATE score in the ratio of 1:25, subject to their GATE score not being below 25% of the GATE score of the first shortlisted candidate.
- All eligible IIT and NIT graduate engineers with minimum 80% aggregate marks in the EQ degree will be called for a Descriptive Examination.
- Candidates who appear for the Descriptive Examination will be further shortlisted for Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:5 in order of merit list prepared on the basis of the Descriptive Examination only.
- The written examination will be of the descriptive type.
- The descriptive examination can consist of two papers of 300 marks each, to be conducted in two sessions of the duration of 3 hours each.
- The Descriptive Examination will be administered in a paper-based format.
- Tentatively, the Descriptive Examination will be conducted at DRDO centers in seven cities (Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kanpur, Kolkata, and Pune) as well as at other common centers, if the need arises.
- Candidates are required to indicate their first and second preference of examination center in the online application form among the listed centers. However, RAC reserves the right to allot any center as per its administrative convenience.
- The Descriptive Examination is likely to be held on October 2019.
How to apply
About DRDODRDO was formed in 1958 from the amalgamation of the then already functioning Technical Development Establishment (TDEs) of the Indian Army and the Directorate of Technical Development & Production (DTDP) with the Defence Science Organisation (DSO). DRDO was then a small organisation with 10 establishments or laboratories. Over the years, it has grown multi-directionally in terms of the variety of subject disciplines, number of laboratories, achievements and stature.
Today, DRDO is a network of more than 50 laboratories which are deeply engaged in developing defence technologies covering various disciplines, like aeronautics, armaments, electronics, combat vehicles, engineering systems, instrumentation, missiles, advanced computing and simulation, special materials, naval systems, life sciences, training, information systems and agriculture. Presently, the Organisation is backed by over 5000 scientists and about 25,000 other scientific, technical and supporting personnel. Several major projects for the development of missiles, armaments, light combat aircrafts, radars, electronic warfare systems etc are on hand and significant achievements have already been made in several such technologies.
Jobs in DRDO According to the Role - Functional Area33.3 % Jobs in DRDO are for R&D / Product Design Role
14.8 % Jobs in DRDO are for Quality Role
7.4 % Jobs in DRDO are for General / Other Software Role
7.4 % Jobs in DRDO are for Application Programming / Maintenance Role
7.4 % Jobs in DRDO are for Data Entry Role
3.7 % Jobs in DRDO are for Technical / Process Training Role
3.7 % Jobs in DRDO are for Statistics / Analytics Role
3.7 % Jobs in DRDO are for Military Role
3.7 % Jobs in DRDO are for Embedded, VLSI Role
3.7 % Jobs in DRDO are for Site Engineering / Project Management Role
3.7 % Jobs in DRDO are for Process Control Role
3.7 % Jobs in DRDO are for Bio Tech / R&D / Scientist Role
3.7 % Jobs in DRDO are for Equity Research Role
Jobs in DRDO according to Qualification - Degree60.6 % Jobs in DRDO require B.Tech/B.E
12.1 % Jobs in DRDO require M.Sc
6.1 % Jobs in DRDO require Ph.D/Doctorate
3 % Jobs in DRDO require B.Com
18.2 % Jobs in DRDO require 10+2 or Below
Jobs in DRDO according to Education Backgroud18.5 % Employees in DRDO are from Mechanical background
11.1 % Employees in DRDO are from Aeronautics background
11.1 % Employees in DRDO are from Electrical background
11.1 % Employees in DRDO are from Electronics/Telecommunication background
7.4 % Employees in DRDO are from Commerce background
7.4 % Employees in DRDO are from Computers background
7.4 % Employees in DRDO are from Chemical background
7.4 % Employees in DRDO are from IT-Software background
3.7 % Employees in DRDO are from Other background
3.7 % Employees in DRDO are from Chemistry background
3.7 % Employees in DRDO are from Physics background
3.7 % Employees in DRDO are from Statistics background
3.7 % Employees in DRDO are from Instrumentation background
Click Apply to See Job Details