High Court Clerk 182 vacancies for graduates in Mumbai, Bombay High Court, Mumbai
Bombay High Court
Chairman/MD/CEO : PRADEEP NANDRAJOG
Head Office : Dr. Daabhai Naoroji Rd, Fort Area, Kala Ghoda, Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400032
Education Requirement : Any Degree, Law Preferred
No of Vacancy : 182
Position - High Court Clerk 182 Vacancies For Graduates In Mumbai
Company - Bombay High Court
Location - Maharashtra
No of Vacancy - 182
Salary - 2 Lakh To 3 Lakh
Posted On - 2019-06-11
Bombay High Court Recruitment for 182 Clerk Vacancies
- Any Graduate degree from any recognized University in any faculty. But preference will be given to Law Graduates (B.L.).
- Candidates must have knowledge of English Typing Test. Must have passed Government Commercial Certificate Examination, or examination conducted by Government Board or I.T.I. for English Typing with speed of 40 w. p.m.
- The Candidates should have knowledge of Computer Applications. The candidates must possess Computer Certificate about proficiency in operation of word processors in Windows and Linux in addition to M.S.Office, M.S. Word, Wordstar7 and Open Office Org. obtained from any Universities established under the Maharashtra Universities Act, 1994 or Goa/Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education.
- On the date of publication of advertisement age should not be less than 18 years and more than 38 years in case of General category and not more than 43 years in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Other Backward Class or Special Backward Class specified for the time being by the Government of Maharashtra. The maximum age limit shall not be applicable to the High Court/ Government Employees.
- In addition to the above eligibility criteria, the candidate must have adequate knowledge of Marathi language
- General Knowledge
- General Intelligence
Overview- Bombay High Court
The High Court of Bombay, which is the chartered High Court and one of the oldest High Courts in the Country. It has Appellate Jurisdiction over the State of Maharashtra, Goa, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli. In addition to the Principal Seat at Bombay, it has benches at Aurangabad, Nagpur, Panaji(Goa).
The Legal history of Bombay may be said to have begun in 1661, when it became a British possession. The Town and Island of Bombay was received by the British as a part of the dowry of the Portuguese Princess Catherine of Braganza, sister of Alphonso VI, the then Portuguese Monarch, when she married King Charles II . Bombay then was little more than a small fishing village consisting of a few straggling huts of Kolis, its indigenous inhabitants; and its harbour, destined in the course of years to develop into the greatest and most important commercial seaport in the East, sheltered only a few fishing boats. Charles II transferred it to the East India Company in 1668 for an insignificant annual rent of 10 Pounds
The remote ancestry of the High Court, though interesting is not quite inspiring, until we come to the Recorder's Court established under the Charter of 1798. Confining ourselves to the British period- for there is no conceivable connection between our High Court today and such Courts of law as existed in the Portuguese, and still earlier Muslim eras- the judicial history of Bombay commences with the Charter of 1668 accompanying the transfer of Bombay from the Crown to the East India Company. In 1670, the administration of Justice was in the hands of Justices who held their sittings in the Custom Houses of Bombay and Mahim. The system of 1670 was very elementary and suffered from several drawbacks and the judicial system was too much identified with the executive government of the Island.
Jobs in Bombay High Court according to the Role - Functional Area65.7 % Jobs in Bombay High Court are for Legal Practice Role
11.4 % Jobs in Bombay High Court are for Legal Support Services Role
2.9 % Jobs in Bombay High Court are for HR Role
2.9 % Jobs in Bombay High Court are for Administration / Facility / Transport Role
2.9 % Jobs in Bombay High Court are for Secretary / PA / Steno Role
2.9 % Jobs in Bombay High Court are for Back Office Operations Role
2.9 % Jobs in Bombay High Court are for Corporate Legal Department Role
2.9 % Jobs in Bombay High Court are for Pre-Sales Role
2.9 % Jobs in Bombay High Court are for Network / System Administration Role
2.9 % Jobs in Bombay High Court are for Sports / Fitness Role
Jobs in Bombay High Court according to Qualification - Degree40.5 % Jobs in Bombay High Court require LLB
28.6 % Jobs in Bombay High Court require LL.M
11.9 % Jobs in Bombay High Court require B.Com
7.1 % Jobs in Bombay High Court require MBA/PGDM
11.9 % Jobs in Bombay High Court require 10+2 or Below
Jobs in Bombay High Court according to Education Background74.3 % Employees in Bombay High Court are from Law background
11.4 % Employees in Bombay High Court are from Commerce background
2.9 % Employees in Bombay High Court are from Computers background
2.9 % Employees in Bombay High Court are from Management background
2.9 % Employees in Bombay High Court are from Marketing background
2.9 % Employees in Bombay High Court are from Chemistry background
2.9 % Employees in Bombay High Court are from HR/ Industrial Relations background
Click Next to See Job Details