Gramin Dak Sevak- 1735 Posts in Delhi, Himachal Pradesh and Jharkhand, India Post Office, Delhi
India Post Office
Chairman/MD/CEO : Ananta Narayan Nanda
Head Office : Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi- 110001
Education Requirement : 10th Pass
No of Vacancy : 1735
Position - Gramin Dak Sevak- 1735 Posts In Delhi, Himachal Pradesh And Jharkhand
Company - India Post Office
Location - Delhi Ncr
No of Vacancy - 1735
Salary - 2 Lakh To 4 Lakh
Posted On - 2019-06-07
Notification for Delhi, Himachal Pradesh and Jharkhand circles released for recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak
Posts- Location Wise
India Post Office Recruitment GDS – Selection Process:
- Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
- No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification.
- Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection.
Instructions to Candidates
- Please go through the notification thoroughly before applying online for job profile, other eligible conditions and selection criteria, etc..
- A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts all over India per cycle of online engagement. This inter alia means that a prospective candidate can apply for twenty posts on a single application spread across one Circle or several Circles. This cap of twenty posts is inclusive of vacancies arising in candidate’s home Circle. Home Circle means belonging or native / domicile state of a prospective candidate in which he is permanently residing and that Postal Circle is providing opportunity. Hence, candidates should exercise due care while utilizing the twenty choices available to her/him in each Cycle. However, only one post will be offered for each Circle if she/he has applied for one or more posts in each Circle.
- Once Registered, the same mobile number will not be allowed for further Registrations of any other candidates also. In case of any duplicate Registration is found by altering the basic details all the candidatures relating to all such Registrations will be removed for consideration of selection.
- Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
- The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India.
For more than 150 years, the Department of Posts (DoP) has been the backbone of the country’s communication and has played a crucial role in the country’s social economic development. It touches the lives of Indian citizens in many ways: delivering mails, accepting deposits under Small Savings Schemes, providing life insurance cover under Postal Life Insurance (PLI) and Rural Postal Life Insurance (RPLI) and providing retail services like bill collection, sale of forms, etc. The DoP also acts as an agent for Government of India in discharging other services for citizens such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) wage disbursement and old age pension payments. With 1, 55,015 Post Offices, the DoP has the most widely distributed postal network in the world.
The Department of Posts comes under the Ministry of Communications. The Postal Service Board, the apex management body of the Department, comprises the Chairman and six Members. The six members of the Board hold portfolios of Personnel, Operations, Technology, Postal Life Insurance,Banking & DBT and Planning respectively. The Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor to the Department is a permanent invitee to the Board. The Board is assisted by a senior staff officer of the Directorate as Secretary to the Board. Deputy Directors General, Directors and Assistant Directors General provide the necessary functional support for the Board at the Headquarters.
Jobs in India Post Office According to the Role - Fuctional Area21.1 % Jobs in India Post Office are for Audit Role
10.5 % Jobs in India Post Office are for Front Office / Receptionist Role
10.5 % Jobs in India Post Office are for IT Operations / EDP / MIS Role
10.5 % Jobs in India Post Office are for Back Office Operations Role
10.5 % Jobs in India Post Office are for Finance / Accounts / Tax Role
5.3 % Jobs in India Post Office are for General / Other Software Role
5.3 % Jobs in India Post Office are for Customer Service Role
5.3 % Jobs in India Post Office are for Marketing / Communication Role
5.3 % Jobs in India Post Office are for Environment Role
5.3 % Jobs in India Post Office are for Client Server Role
5.3 % Jobs in India Post Office are for Application Programming / Maintenance Role
5.3 % Jobs in India Post Office are for Data Entry Role
23.8 % Jobs in India Post Office require B.A
Jobs in India Post Office according to Qualification - Degree
4.8 % Jobs in India Post Office require B.Com
4.8 % Jobs in India Post Office require B.Sc
4.8 % Jobs in India Post Office require M.Sc
61.9 % Jobs in India Post Office require 10+2 or Below
36.8 % Employees in India Post Office are from Arts and Humanities background
Jobs in India Post Office according to Education Backgroud
15.8 % Employees in India Post Office are from Commerce background
15.8 % Employees in India Post Office are from Science background
10.5 % Employees in India Post Office are from Other background
10.5 % Employees in India Post Office are from Maths background
5.3 % Employees in India Post Office are from Hindi background
5.3 % Employees in India Post Office are from History background
Click Next to See Job Details