Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan Job For Procurement/ Contract Specialist, BTech Civil in Dehradun, Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan
Chairman/MD/CEO : Sudhir Kumar Sharma
Head Office : Jal Bhawan, B-Block, Nehru Colony, Dehradun Uttarakhand- 248001
Education Requirement : BE/ BTech (Civil)
No of Vacancy : 1
Company - Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan
Location - Uttrakhand
No of Vacancy - 1
Salary - 4 Lakh To 5 Lakh
Posted On - 2019-06-12
Procurement/ Contract Specialist for Project Implementation Unit of Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Graduate in Civil Engineering (B.Tech/B.E)
- 10 years of experience in Procurement & Contract Management Works
- Experience on bidding and procurement procedures, preferably ADB/World Bank procedures, safeguards and guidelines.
- Have good IT skills in particular MS word, Explorer and MS projects.
- Ability to perform broad range of specialized activities related to contract, asset and procurement management.
- Proficiency /experience/familiarity with the ADB/World Bank safeguards/guidelines.
- Contract Management to ensure effective implementation of the works under the contracts along with Procurement Activities.
Objectives of the Procurement Specialist position
- To assist the Program Implementation Unit-PIU in procurement of goods, works and consultancy works as per the Uttarakhand Procurement Rule and World Bank guideline
- To monitor and oversee activities regarding preparation of Bidding Documents, Bid
- Evaluation and award of contracts for works/goods/consultancy.
- To provide the management with regular updates on various procurement activities.
- To flag potential problems with implementation to Program Implementation Unit and work with Consultancy Firm and contractors to resolve them.
- Support to Program Implementation Unit in ensuring that procurement under the different schemes is carried out efficiently and in accordance with the Procurement Guidelines of Uttarakhand Govt./Funding Agency (World Bank).
- Developing, updating and publishing periodical procurement plan, reviewing and monitoring the progress of procurement implementation with respect to each bidding package within the schemes scope and promptly inform the Program Implementation Unit of delayed activities difficulties rising, preparing periodical reports to monitor, the implementation of procurement under the schemes, contract expenditure and progress and to provide recommendations on how to improve procurement and contract management in the Program Implementation Unit
- Provide guidance to the Program Implementation Unit on the provisions of procurement guidelines of Uttarakhand Govt./Funding Agency
- Participate in developing bidding invitations (invitations for bids, requests for expressions of interest) for all procurement packages within the scope of the Scheme.
- Assist the management for Preparation of Terms of References (TORs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs), evaluation of Expression of Interest (EOI) and Technical and Financial Proposals for selection of Consultant.
- Make regular updates to overall work plan, as implementation progresses.
- Liaison and Coordination with the Funding Agency and its supervision missions.
- Ensure compliance with the World Bank safeguards / guidelines.
- Draft periodic reports of the progress as required.
- Any other job assigned by the Employer
- In case of more applications, apart from above mentioned criteria screening will be done based on relevant skill set, experience and professional qualifications.
- Only Short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by email /telephone only and no separate communication will be sent.
- At the time of interview, they should bring Original Certificates of qualifications and experience, NOC and a photocopy of these.
Overview Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan"Uttarakhand Jal Sansthan" constituted under Section 18 of the Principal Act having jurisdiction throughout the state of Uttarakhand by amalgamation of "Garhwal Jal Sansthan" and "Kumaun Jal Sansthan" on 26th August 2002. It Extends to the whole of Uttarakhand excluding cantonment areas.
Functions of Jal Sansthan:-
- To plan, promote and execute schemes and operate an efficient system of water supply.
- Where feasible, to plan, promote and execute schemes and operate, sewerage, sewage, treatment and disposal and treatment of trade effluents.
- To manage all its affairs so as to provide the people of the area within its jurisdiction with wholesome water where feasible, efficient sewerage service.
- To take such measure, as may be necessary, to ensure water supply in times of any emergency.
- Such other functions as may be ensured to it by the State Government by notification in the Gazette
Click Next to See Job Details